cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Contract Extended without my consent

I saw I could get a free EE box as a back up if my internet dropped out. So I requested to get one, this is all I asked for. Now when I checked my contract that should have expired, as I’m paying an extortionate amount for basic broadband and BT sports I have a further 10 months left. I at no point requested for a contract extension especially while I was paying such a high monthly fee. 

How can BT do this, what are my steps if any? 

Any help would be appreciated. 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Contract Extended without my consent

@Je666 

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

Try calling 0330 1234 150

Your package has been upgraded to Halo3+, which includes the Hybrid Connect device. I would expect that to start a new contract, but you normally have 14 days to change your mind and cancel the upgrade.

https://www.bt.com/help/bt-halo/learn-about-bt-halo/learn-about-broadband-backup

Message 3 of 7

I appreciate your reply, I’ll call them and see what they say. I just wanted to get some facts together first as I can see quite a few posts relating to contract extension/issues of new contracts. I at no point was made aware of this. My bill was £46 a month and it’s now £76, I don’t see how they can almost double the monthly charge.  Also I can’t get fibre yet, as I live in the countryside. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

When you say you requested one was it online or over the phone? If online there'll be no recourse as you agreed to everything when placing the order

Message 5 of 7

It was done Oct 22, I can’t remember if I’m honest. But I wouldn’t have agreed to a renewal without getting the usual discounts applied. There’s no chance I would agree to pay full price with further annual increases for 24 months. There are so many threads with the same issue, they should be investigated. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

If the order was placed online then by doing so you will have automatically agreed that's why I was asking. If that's the case it doesn't need investigated as it's not BT's issue

Message 7 of 7

I’ve requested my call history for the date and I can find out that way. It can take up to 48 hours so I’ll update when I have the info. 

0 Ratings