cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Contract issue after relocation

Hi, I am new to British, I live in Hong Kong now and will move to Bristol at end July.

I just rent an apartment and would like to apply BT boardband service before I move in, on the other hand, I bought an new house and will be handover at end December, my question is:

1) If i join BT boardband service with 18 to 24 months contract for my rented apartment, can I transfer my contract to my new house for the rest of the 12 to 18 months as I will only live at the rented apartment for about 6 months only?

2) If yes, will the transfer cost any charge?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Contract issue after relocation

1) Yes, but it may start a new contract if you take out a contract with a landline phone.

2) No, if the property you are moving to already has a line etc. although it's rare for BT to charge anything when you move even if there is no line. 

Moving home with BT | BT

Moving Home with BT | Moving Broadband to a New Home | BT

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Re: Check out problem

I would like to check out my selected plan of boardband, however I cannot move forward by pressing "continue" button after I choose "my previous is located outside UK" with selection of "Hong Kong (SAR China)"

No response after I press continue button

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Don't input that you are outside the UK. Just select a new customer option and if it asks for a post code do an Internet search for the are that you want to live in and find any post code in that area.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

@gg30340  I think the issue is after that stage, from reading the post it appears the OP is trying to sign up but can't move on from the checkout page when selecting his previous address is outside the UK, not sure how to get around that tbh

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

@garybs29 wrote:

@gg30340  I think the issue is after that stage, from reading the post it appears the OP is trying to sign up but can't move on from the checkout page when selecting his previous address is outside the UK, not sure how to get around that tbh

I think you are correct. I took it he was just wanting to " check out" what packages would be available to him when he actually moved to the new address in the UK and not that he was trying to purchase the package. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Yes, that's what I encountered, cannot move on to payment

0 Ratings