cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Contract issue and problems with parental controls.

Go to solution

Double bubble with this post as I have both an issue with my broadband contract and parental controls, but could only choose one category.

On parental controls, I was testing something at the weekend and turned off BT Web Protect and BT Parental Controls in the BT App. I have done so a number of times before without issue.

I turned BT Web Protect back on without issue yesterday but whether I login to the app or the web, I get the same error message when trying to turn BT Parental Controls back on:

Server Error MessageServer Error Message

My contractual issue is that I was on Fibre 1 and offered Fibre 2 for £1 per month extra.

I am already close to the limits of my lines performance (FTTC), but max out the 55/10 profile of Fibre 1 and thought it was worth the extra quid to move to Fibre 2 and an 80/20 profile to get a few extra Mbps in both directions.

Alas, when I changed about a month ago, no reprofile. After several calls over two weeks I was told they are unable to change my profile, so there is no benefit to being on Fibre 2 and they will change me back to my original contract.

Needless to say this hasn't happened, although I have received a £25 bill credit I never asked for and a complaint I never raised was closed. 

3 times I have been promised a team is dealing with my move back to my original contract terms and 2 manager call backs (although I don't know why), none of which have materialised.

Now you may be thinking, but the £25 credit is more than the extra cost over 2 years, what's he moaning about?

Well, call me old fashioned but I just like people doing what they say they will and I do not want my contract extended deep into 2024 for zero benefit.

Can a mod help help if possible please?

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Contract issue and problems with parental controls.

Go to solution

Weirdly I have just had 3 emails telling me my BT Web Protect was turned off, I went into the app and turned it back on as I hadn't touched it, then tried again with BT Parental Controls and it worked, so just the contract to sort now.

————————————————————-
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Contract issue and problems with parental controls.

Go to solution

As I have just re-contracted this thread is now irrelevant.

————————————————————-