cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Contract renewal price not honoured

I received an email re my contract ending soon. Clicking on any of the various options took me to "My Offers" and in all cases the prices there were £1.50 pmth more than in the email. In the email it states that any offers will be available until at least the end of the minimum term...but they clearly aren't. Called BT and the adviser had the same issue and couldn't get round it but said he would raise the issue internally, which is no help to me when my contract expires in two days. I was offered discounts on upgrades I don't need (and which would need engineer visit) with 1571 service thrown in for free, but no interest at all in improving on my current deal....really? One minute I'm told the adviser can't even honour the offer in my email, but when it suits discounts and freebies can be thrown in. Unbelievable. Wishing to raise a complaint about the refusal to honour the deal as per the email it seems the only option is to call again - no email option and got nowhere with chatbot which is very limited. I can't face calling again after the previous call! Anyone else had this problem and have you found a solution?
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Contract renewal price not honoured

You should try phoning the options team on 0800800030 and see what deal you can negotiate to renew your contract. If you don't like the offer then don't accept and try again later 

If you get redirected to CS as line busy then hang up and try later

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Contract renewal price not honoured

Thank you for the response. I tried the 0800800030 number but wasn't sure which option to choose and ended up with the same menu as the 150 number.  Adviser was as hellbent as the first one in pushing me onto full fibre (which I know will be inevitable in the near future I just don't want it forced on me now) even resorting to saying that there were no deals available to extend my current package (what about the 24mth one they offered me at two different prices, which his colleague was able to find yesterday?) and that no other provider would allow new customers to sign up for FTTC now if full fibre was available (but I have quotes from two). After much insistence from me that they honour the deal I was offered in my email they miraculously found it on "another system" - really? - and tweaked it to address the price discrepancy. So I got what I wanted in the end but it really shouldn't be this difficult! Incompetence combined with shady tactics - but apparently I am paying for a premium service - so that's all right then!

0 Ratings