cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Contract renewal

It appears to me that BT/EE depend upon customer inertia to  keep customers. I've had BT Broadband for over 15 years and my contract's due for renewal in less than 40 days. BT haven't contacted me about this but if I check on line I can renew at my current price. I cannot downgrade. My basic broadband and landline (still on FTTC so Fibre 2) is about £54 with Halo 3. I've never used any of the Halo 3 "benefits". These were just added in as "benefits". If I were a new customer on BT/EE I can get broadband and landline for about £35 (35% lower). If I were to go to Vodafone, using Openreach, it would be £24 (56% lower). I don't think calling retention would get anywhere near these prices so a loyal customer will disappear from BT/EE.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Contract renewal

you might as well try retentions, dump halo 3 if you can and see what you then get offered/negotiate.  if no good then move ISP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

If you are able to dump Halo3 and get a new customer deal then please keep us informed.
It seems this is highly dependent on the agent you happen to speak to and how motivated he/she is on getting a commission. Allowing customers to downgrade does not get agents a commission so they are very reluctant to do so, and will just tell customers who ask for it that it isn't available.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

@ChrisB - Good luck with trying to downgrade 🙄

Try to find out the new customer prices for Halo 3 and 3+, apparently they are top secret and not to be shared. You therefore cannot check the Halo price promise.

I've been trying to ditch Halo 3+ for months and every agent states that I cannot downgrade, remove it or reduce my current bill cost. I have been told that I have to move to EE to get the 'best price', but this is £10-20 more than a new customer. The last agent also said that I had to keep the Halo equivalent package with EE. It's a joke !!!

My previous post for reference! 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

@ChrisB There’s hope for you yet. I have just moved from my FTTC Halo 3 service to Full Fibre 100 (without the Halo bells & whistles) and saved circa £40 per month plus the first 3 months free. I was about 1 month from end of contract.

The deal was offered to me under “Broadband Deals” within MyBT. However, I did call 150 rather than doing it online, and as a result got Digital Voice at my current price rather than the £5/month the online broadband deal was offering.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

@RussK - A downgrade option through My BT  no way.......it's a miracle. Obviously you must be a valued customer 😁

These are my options (now out of contract), but no option in contract to ever downgrade:-

My BT.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

I have same issue, ad onlly way to contact them is phone or chat, they will not show me whats available, only give me abnother  option if i describe what i want.  I did that and suprise suprise it was waht they offer onlye, a single offer of renewing existing (which as circumstance has changed, i do not need)

Time to look to ee or Sky I think

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

I have read Ofcom conditions regarding the responsibilities regarding consumers and it says broadband providers could offer you cheaper broadband contracts when your contract expires 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Try looking at MyBT via a browser rather than the app. Select Broadband from the menu and see if that is different to what you get in the app.

0 Ratings