Re: Copper Broadband

Go to solution

Screenshot_2024-01-30-21-15-19-871_com.android.chrome.jpg

 thanks

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 18

Go to solution

You've cut off part of the table to the right, can you post that please. However, it looks as though you should be able to get 80M

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

Go to solution

Screenshot_2024-01-30-21-15-19-871_com.android.chrome~2.jpg

 sorry this should be ok 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 18

Go to solution

What made you think you were only going to get 24M? The checker shows you will get at least 72 and very probably the full 80M.

Message 15 of 18

Go to solution

Something I noticed on an Open reach site relating to the speed over copper wire.

Anyway, I feel greatly reassured by your full and detailed response, thank you so much for your time and expertise 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 18

Go to solution

Yes - you should be able to get 80Mbps from the nearby green fibre cabinet. The only problem would be if it has no space left in it.

It looks like you have gotten confused by the terms used by Openreach. 'Fibre to the cabinet' (FTTC) services actually use copper cable between the cabinet and your house. However Openreach and BT describe it as a 'Fibre' service because they use Fibre on the exchange side of the cabinet. OFCOM are arguing with the ISPs at the moment that FTTC services should no longer be called 'Fibre' because it is causing the sort of confusion you mention.

The old ADSL2+ service, which ONLY uses Copper cable, only supplies up to 4Mbps at your address (most likely 2.5Mbps) so you really need to order an FTTC 'Fibre' service.

Message 17 of 18

Go to solution

Regrettably this does not seem to be an option, as the exchange is not listed as a priority according to the chart

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

Go to solution

Apologies - corrected my post - I meant FTTC (which you can order).