cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Default from BT sold to Lowell shows on my Credit report - I believe it should be removed

Go to solution

During Covid I was in New Zealand and sold my house in the UK.   BT provided my Broadband service and would email me an invoice each month and money was taken out of my account by direct debit, this worked correctly for 12 years without an issue.    When I returned to the UK last year I found out my credit was no good due to a 35 pound charge from BT.   I called BT and explained the situation and paid them.  At the time they said an invoice would have been sent to my prior address, but they could not explain why they never emailed me to say I had a balance due.

Now I see a 35 Pound "Satisfied Default" from Lowell on my credit report.   This seems unfair as BT acknowledged I had always paid for 12 years and they had not emailed me to say I owed any money.  I would like BT to tell Lowell the default is in error and remove it from my report.

Could someone point me in the right direction.  Lowell says only BT can it removed.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Default from BT sold to Lowell shows on my Credit report - I believe it should be removed

Go to solution

Without access to your account, we can only speculate how you ended up with a £35 debt.

However you say that you had both online billing set up as well as direct debit meaning the final bills should have been sent online and the money debited from your account. 

It’s up to BT to investigate and understand why this hasn’t happened as it appears you had everything in place on your side. 

Either wait for a member of the moderator to pick up this post and reach out to you or you can raise a complaint via the website bt.com/complaints

But either way, you need someone from BT to investigate as well as case manage to resolution.

Hope you get this sorted out quickly! 

Message 3 of 8

Re: Default from BT sold to Lowell shows on my Credit report - I believe it should be removed

Go to solution

@RETIREDANDGOOD 

You need to contact Lowell and raise a dispute.

They'll then liaise with BT for you.

https://www.lowell.co.uk/help-and-support/faqs/contacting-lowell/

Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply.  Lowell told me only BT can remove the charge and I need to speak to BT

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks hopefully someone from BT will reply,
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
The most frustrating thing is they always used to email me the invoice, why they never emailed me to let me know is very strange.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

Try calling 0330 1234 150

I doubt that BT can help with this, unless a dispute has been raised by Lowell.

Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks Keith - appreciate it.
0 Ratings