cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Default payment / credit score

Good evening 

I have looked through some of the posts on here and have found that I'm not alone on this subject. 

I was a bt customer back in 2015/2016 when I decided to cancel my account due to being without broadband for 2 months I spoke to customer service and they agreed to wave the final bill back in 2016.

For some reason as of Oct 2022 this account has started defaulting on my credit score at the worst possible time when in desperate need of a loan. 

I contacted transunion with this matter. they contacted BT and BT have replied to transunion say that the money is owed.

I then contacted BT and they are unable to put me through to the credit referrals team the guy I spoke to at BT was very understanding he was telling me this debt is over 6 years old and should be dropped I am unable to talk to complaints about this as I have no account with BT I can't even report this to ombudsman as I haven't logged a complaint with BT I am going around in circles at this point with no way forward is anyone here able to help with this matter or experienced this I can't stress how important it is that this is off my credit rating thanks in advance

Darren 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Default payment / credit score

@Darren1234 

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

The first thing you need to do is raise a dispute with either Equifax or Experian, depending on who the debt is with. You can do that at 

• Online at www.equifax.co.uk/ask
  • Call 0800 014 2955
  • Address – Equifax Ltd
    • Customer Service Centre
    • PO Box 10036
    • Leicester
    • LE3 4FS

or 

• Online at www.experian.co.uk
  • Call 0344 481 8000
  • Address - Experian Headquarters Talbot House
    • Talbot Street
    • Nottingham
    • N80 1TH

They'll then liaise with BT for you.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

I have contacted transunion regarding this they contacted BT to challenge this bt replied saying the money is owed I spoke to an advisor they where unable to help spoke to a second advisor and they pointed me to this forum I think this issue is here to stay maybe I need to seek legal advice.

Thanks for your reply I appreciate it 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

This seems to be an ongoing issue for many off us did you get any resolution as no one at BT seems to have an answer transunion told me definitely  a BY issue  default appeared a year ago in my credit report from a bt account at a property i left 18 years ago ! Given the Horizon scandle you think they would be more proactive to find  the issue

0 Ratings