cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: Difficulty of leaving BT!

Every sensible BT customer on the planet would contact BT if BT made a major mistake emailing a customer saying despite the fact it is cancelled you will be charged for a month when you do nto have service  - March. It sounds like at the very least BT should change those cancellation confirmation emails to be very very clear eg to say uynder clause 1.1.3 of your terms when you cancel you will still be charged for the month and the one after. Or say the opposite if that is so.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

@Wilcheng wrote:

Is there any BT modulator in here that can help me?  All I want is for all my services to be terminated, have my final bill and leave!

I have flagged your problem to the mods.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

I have already spoken to 3 different BT advisors and they all said different things... I am waiting for one to get back to me since this morning...
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

Just wait for the mods, they will sort it.

Did you move from FTTC to FTTP or FTTC to FTTC?

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

FTTP to FTTP
Message 16 of 17

This can be simply summed up , you contacted Sky to migrate your service , you have no need to contact BT yourself , but you did , your OP states ‘Sky helped you to do this ‘ ? , why , Sky don’t need to guide you to do anything, they serve notice on your behalf…so either you caused the mess up by independently contacting BT , or Sky caused the mess up by telling you to call BT when there was no need whatsoever for you contact BT , migration is a gaining provider led process, you contact the new company and that’s it , end of your involvement, the new company electronically serves notice to the losing company , the one thing for certain is that you , possibly under the instruction of Sky , interfered in this process.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

Hi @Wilcheng,

Thank you for posting. I suspect that the cease date and the date your bill was produced have overlapped and this is why you received a bill notification. If you send me your details, I can take a look at your BT Account to make sure it's closed off correctly.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy