cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Digital Voice

I don't want the telephone landline anymore.
I would like to switch to a broadband only plan.
Do I still have to upgrade to full fibre.
I got a letter telling me I have to arrange for an engineer to come and install full fibre, like I am being forced into having full fibre installed.
I currently have Fibre 1 with Halo - broadband and calls.
Can I just have broadband only plan without full fibre

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Digital Voice

Welcome to this user forum for BT Residential phone and broadband customers.

Its possible that you are now in a fibre priority area, so any changes would mean a move to fibre.

Use the address checker on the page below, and post the results, but edit out your address details first, but leave the exchange name and cabinet number showing.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

If you change the terms of your ‘contract’ by renewal, or by changing products , then as a consequence you could have to take FTTP , if you don’t want FTTP ( for some reason ) then don’t change your ‘contract’ ,and don’t renew, allow yourself to move onto an out of minimum term basis .

You may miss out financially but won’t be moved to FTTP …so in your case , you won’t be able to ditch the landline as that is a re-contracting event…if your requirement to not to move to FTTP, something many would jump at , overrides the financial consideration, just stay as you are , and when out of ‘contract’ , remain out of contract that way no one ( for the short to medium term ) will change your copper derived service.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@Bren146 

Bear in mind you can remove any call packages, without changing your contract.

You only save about £3-5 a month by moving to broadband only.

0 Ratings