cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Direct Debit - Change Amount Paid Per Month

Go to solution

Hi,

I am using direct debit to pay the bill, and recall last year that i could change the amount, and did so.

Given the recent changes to the costs, i need to increase the direct debit amount to ensure i am not in debit.

The ability to change the amount seems to have been removed.

Does anyone know how to change the amount as there is no help texts on the BT site, nor here.

Thanks and regards,

Shadders.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Direct Debit - Change Amount Paid Per Month

Go to solution

Surely the direct debit is variable and charges what you owe, i.e whole bill, rather than a fixed amount.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

The direct debit amount can't be changed, it's whatever the bill amount is, that is how much you pay, no debt or credit built up.

Historically BT offered what was called a Monthly Payment Plan (MPP), that allowed you to control how much left your account, sort of like a standing order, it was from the days when quartely billing was popular so you could spread the payments, that option is no longer available so you won't be able to change it.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi -Richie-,

I am on the Monthly Payment Plan now, and changed the direct debit sum last year. As such, i cannot change the sum extracted, and the sum extracted every month is below the quarterly bill, hence i am in debt.

Therefore, rather than be in debit every month, i want to change it myself.

I can pay the extra now via debit card, but i will still accrue more debt in the future months.

If it is not possible, then how can i change the amount now rather than wait for BT to change the debit amount.

Regards,

Shadders.

0 Ratings