cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Direct Debit refused by bank

Go to solution

Hello,I have recently switched homes  and today I noticed that the direct debit did not work for last month and today I made the payment through the app,and a few hours later I received an email from BT saying that my bank has refused my payment,but the money have not been refunded.What can I do in this situation?Who can I contact to get a refund?Thank you in advance.

(I updated the new address on both My BT and also my bank account,so I don’t think that would be the issue)

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Direct Debit refused by bank

Go to solution

I'd suggest contacting your bank to find out why the payment was refused. The chances are that it had been ring fenced in your account but hasn't actually left it. Your bank should be able to tell you why they didn't release the payment but it's probably because the payment was authorised by yourself using the new security systems in place with all banks.

Message 3 of 3

Re: Direct Debit refused by bank

Go to solution

• If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by the organisation or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society "

The Direct Debit Guarantee – Securing your Direct Debit payments