cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 32

Re: Do BT downgrade fibre speeds if you move to BT essentials package?

Go to solution

@slinkymalinki wrote:

So tell me why do they even bother advertising it then? Marketing ploy?

You got it in one!

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 32

Go to solution

It's a shame you ask a question on a forum and then refuse to believe the answers you are told. Why bother asking if you are not going to listen

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 32

Go to solution

This thread has basically reach  the stage of going nowhere

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 24 of 32

Go to solution

I see the "know it alls" are purporting to know everything again. Fact is he's getting offered a guarantee of less than the current one it'll either be due to a line issue or crosstalk, a guarantee is the minimum speed that should be seen & NOT an estimate...

Message 25 of 32

Go to solution

You are missing the point of the original question asked. BT do not deliberately reduce the speed of a line when moving to the essentials package as the OP is asserting.

The guaranteed speed offered may well change over time due to various factors all of which contribute to an estimate that BT regard the line should not go below.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 32

Go to solution

Eh? Calm down a little. I've had lots of responses - some even bothered to read what I'd written!

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 32

Go to solution
Agreed. I'm out!
0 Ratings
Message 28 of 32

Go to solution

Thank you! Sense at last!

I'm steering clear of this now but appreciate you understood what I meant!

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 32

Go to solution

@slinkymalinkiwrote:
However, I want to guarantee that I will continue to get 60+ mbps. If I take the essentials package I am only guaranteed 46mbps and I don't want that. I would rather pay extra for a guaranteed higher speed.

The stayfast guarantee uses recently observed speeds, your previous contract you said had 60 mbps as the minimum guaranteed speeds, recently the observed speeds were less, which is why any new change of promotion has a different minimum guarantee, if you want to remain at 60 mbps then don't change contract as that was your agreement is, moving to Home Essentials has another speed, it's nothing to do with it being a social tariff, it's your recent speeds have been lower, you mention recent issues, that's possibly the reason.

It's also a bit of a moot point, the stayfast guarantee is so customers are not locked in a contract and not getting the contractually agreed speeds, as Home Essentials is a rolling 30 day term, you're not locked into a contract anyways.

Message 30 of 32

Go to solution

Bt definitely do cap speeds on the home essentials packages. Was with sky before called ‘sky super fast’ always got speeds around 60+ download and close to 20mb upload. However, when I moved to bt home essentials fibre 2 speeds have been capped at 55mb download and 10mb upload. I am not the only one as others have mentioned aswell on here?

0 Ratings