cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 28

Re: Do i have to have a landline call plan?

Go to solution

@Les-Gibson wrote:

I'm confused by it all as well, maybe one of the mods can clarify.

See message 5 & 6. They have already been asked to clarify this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 28

Go to solution

In the previous days since 4th March I have spoken to 4 different departments (including a Mod) via phone/online chat & have been told the same 

£2.00 pm payable without a landline calling plan

This needs sorting

D*ck

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 28

Go to solution

@dcdickwrote:

In the previous days since 4th March I have spoken to 4 different departments (including a Mod) via phone/online chat & have been told the same 

This needs sorting

D*ck

£2 per month is the calling plan, you have 3 options if you wish to retain a voice service :

• PAYG
  • 700 minutes
  • Unlimited minutes

If you don't want/need the ability to make/receive calls you can have broadband only, if you still want to make/receive calls then you need a calling plan, PAYG is the cheapest of them all.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 28

Go to solution

@-Richie- wrote:

@dcdickwrote:

This needs sorting

D*ck

£2 per month is the calling plan, you have 3 options if you wish to retain a voice service :

• PAYG
  • 700 minutes
  • Unlimited minutes

If you don't want/need the ability to make/receive calls you can have broadband only, if you still want to make/receive calls then you need a calling plan, PAYG is the cheapest of them all.

So please explain the £5/m difference between broadband only and broadband with voice capability quoted on the website.

PAYG is either £2/m, £5/m or £7/m extra to naked broadband depending on how you interpret the figures. Only one can be correct.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 28

Go to solution

@licquoricewrote:

So please explain the £5/m difference between broadband only and broadband with voice capability quoted on the website.

PAYG is either £2/m, £5/m or £7/m extra to naked broadband depending on how you interpret the figures. Only one can be correct.

It's £5 for new customers, existing customers currently get a discounted rate which is why some get for free and others £2, there are still customers on old legacy plans like free weekend calls etc, so it's discounted in price but the same calling plan.

£7 (£7.31 pre-price change) is for the 700 minute calling plan.

If a customer wants to retain a voice service then a calling plan is required.
No voice service means no number so no need for a calling plan.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 28

Go to solution

You are still missing the point.

Forget existing customers and other complications, for new customers naked broadband is £5/m less than with landline. Are you saying that as a calling plan is also necessary if you want voice that will be an extra £2/m for PAYG = £7/m extra rather than the £5/m advertised.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 28

Go to solution

@licquorice  Now I understand your question, it's £5 cheaper for 'naked broadband' because it automatically adds on PAYG for £5 if you opt for the voice service.

So using 'Fibre Essentials' as the example :

£28.99 for broadband only
£33.99 for broadband and calls, this defaults to PAYG but you can take 700 mins (£36.49 total) or Unlimited minutes (£44.99 total)

It's not £5 + £5 more if that was what you thought ?

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 28

Go to solution

@-Richie- wrote:

@licquorice  Now I understand your question, it's £5 cheaper for 'naked broadband' because it automatically adds on PAYG for £5 if you opt for the voice service.

Exactly, but where does the mysterious £2/m for PAYG come into the equation?

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 28

Go to solution

I'm convinced that BT's accounting software has a finite number of customer records. That's why every now & then when they get close to the limit, they come up with these ludicrous ideas that can serve no purpose other than drive away loyal customers to keep the numbers down... 🤔

Message 20 of 28

Go to solution

@licquoricewrote:

Exactly, but where does the mysterious £2/m for PAYG come into the equation?

PAYG is £5, existing customers often get discounts on services, PAYG for £0 or £2 is possible for existing customers.

From www.bt.com/tariffguide page 33

Richie_0-1647466015485.png

*** This is a maximum price; some customers may pay less

0 Ratings