cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Does discount disappear if changing package?

Hi

I have the entertainment deal from earlier in year for £6.  This shows on my bill as an £11 discount off entertainment for 24 months.  How does this work with the much touted 'change your package every month' option? 

For example, if I change to VIP now it's sport season, does my £11 discount disappear because it is not entertainment anymore? Or will it stay and I get £11 off VIP?

Hopefully somebody has same situation and can advise (or a BT mod can let me know)!

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Does discount disappear if changing package?

My understanding is that you would lose the £11 discount by changing to VIP. We took the £6 Entertainment deal back in April too. We take everything else that we have from BTTV as an add on. We took BT Sport @£15, HD/UHD @£5 and Netflix Standard @£4 making our total £30 per month. Since we took out our subscription BT Sport has gone up to £16 as an add on and HD/UHD is now £6, but we still pay the same prices that we started with. If, for example we had stopped taking BT Sport and HD/UHD as add on at the end of the last football season and started them again at the beginning of the new football season we would have had to pay the new prices. 

So my understanding is that you can swop your packages and add ons, but you will be charged the current prices if you do that. The only way to keep the £6 Entertainment price would be to not swop to anything else. The £6 price is still subject to the annual BT price rise, of course.

Message 3 of 7

I'm 60-40 agreeing with what you think.  HD doesn't appear to have gone up (the £6 offer is to get a new 4k TV box I think) - it's still £5 when I started the order process to change.  But yes BT sport did go up. It was still better to cancel for 2 months while football was off for me.  When I started the change process it seemed like Netflix premium had gone down from £9 to £5 as well which is weird.  In my account it says £5 too but my bill most definitely shows £9 for premium add on.

I could just add sky sports and BT sport. But that is £50 so with my Netflix premium and hd boost its £70 total even with the discount. For £4 more I get everything (movies etc).  But I wouldn't want it permanently.

If the discount does not carry then I feel slightly missold. As they specifically used the 'change your package whenever' patter to sell me on it - specifically that I only want sports for the football season.  They didn't say change your package whenever but you'll lose the great deal we are giving you. I'd have twigged and not changed if they did!

Actually, now I think back, the telephone person said I could still get now TV offers as well. (I had a 12 mth sky sports cheap deal for example which he said I could probably get again) I since found out you cannot get now deals while signed up through BT!! Bit cheeky that. Can only manage your add-ons via the BT site. 

But I  sincerely thank you for your input and reply! It's helped my thought process.

Message 4 of 7

Figured out Netflix. VIP includes standards plan. Others are basic plan. Upgrade to 4k premium version is therefore £5 or £9 respectively. 

Message 5 of 7

I’m fairly confident that what I’ve told you is right, but hopefully someone else will come along to confirm that. I still take Sky Sports directly from NOW as I get it at a substantial discount compared with what I would pay by getting it through BTTV. I think that we will stick with the £6 Entertainment that we took out initially as it’s such a good deal rather than change to something else and lose that discounted price.

Message 6 of 7

The more thought I give it the more you are right.

I looked at sky sports from NOW. Forgive me I am a nerd for figures! I could get it for £25 a month plus £5 for hd though. Not as good as last year at £20 a month. So itt saves £4 a month but then you cannot record ... I think recording is probably worth £4 a month to me.

I'll probably do them as add ons.  At least I can turn them off for a month here and there if need be (world cup likely to be on BBC right lol). 

Message 7 of 7

I think that the £6 Entertainment deal is too good to lose and may not be repeated. I’m currently on a very good deal for Sky Sports direct with NOW. I’ll find out what they’re going to offer me to stay today as I go into the final month of my deal. I would agree with you that paying £25 + £5 for Boost by going direct is not really that good when you can pay an extra £4 by going with BT and have the ability to record. I’ve already got HD/UHD with BT for BT Sport and NOW Entertainment. If I don’t get offered less than £25 by NOW I may switch to BT and have it as another add on that I can remove as and when I please.

0 Ratings