cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Downgrade

 Hello

I have 21 days left on my 2 year deal. I am paying Halo 3 top price. I am wanting to go down to something more affordable. The website shows I can renew for 99 a month! I was only paying 79 to start with. I do not want to to roll over to 99. It isn’t showing any options to downgrade. What I don’t understand is, if I chose that as a new customer, it isn’t even as high! Do I have to ring them?

Thanks 

IMG_2693.jpeg

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Downgrade

That price is outrageous especially when you consider other providers offer the same Openreach product for half that price..

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

What are you presently paying without any discounts that may be included? If it is less than those renewal prices you have been quoted just do nothing. 

When your contract ends your account will stay the same as it is now minus any discounts that you presently have.

If you do not want to do that, call BT Retentions 08007831401 and see what you can negotiate. 

Before doing that check out what other ISPs are offering and be prepared to move provider if BT will not match them.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

BT intentionally make it very difficult to downgrade from Halo 3. Getting customers onto Halo 3 is BT's way of making them pay pretty much twice what new customers pay, while still being able to claim that "existing customers will never pay more than new ones". You can't downgrade online and, if you phone them, you'll need to do battle with their agents who are on commission to upsell you.
You could just allow your contract to end and go onto month by month payments, which will stay the same as currently (with the yearly increase of course).
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

If you do not have TV through BT/EE I would just move to another ISP, you'll get a very nice new customer deal then in 18mo to 24mo you can just move back to BT again. Clearly you have FTTP available to you so your speeds etc with another ISP will be similar and will have access to a whole host of different providers. Just dont join Vodafone, their prices are often the cheapest of the lot, however the customer service...well its really very bad.

Sometimes I think moving to another ISP seems more tricky than it is but if you are just having broadband its not a huge deal and you'll can probably find something for about £35 if you downgrade.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings