cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Downgrading from complete wifi home set up question

So my contract was coming to and end next week and i signed up for a new deal today but i am going to cancel that as there are some things on it that i did not want as part of the package.

If i do not continue with complete wifi what would happen to my setup? if i for example paid to keep the disk but was no longer on complete wifi would it still work as it does now or do i have to be on the service for it to work.

Thank you.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Downgrading from complete wifi home set up question

So to be clear

If i am no longer on the complete wifi package (£10 a month) but still still use the Smart Hub 2 i have and keep the black disc will my system still function as it does now or must i be on complete wifi for the disc to work itself.

As said i am staying on the BT fibre 100 package but i am now out of contract on complete wifi after 2 years and don't wish to continue.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

The complete WiFi package is just the rental for the disc, it is not required for its operation.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

thank you for the reply

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @BrickSmith   

You should buy another Complete WiFi disc and return the one on loan. You will be charged for not returning it, plus BT retains ownership. Paying the fine does not transfer the disc to you.

Here is the relevant part of the terms and conditions:

Payment of the non-return equipment charge does not transfer ownership to you, the loaned equipment belongs to BT at all times.

To answer your question, you don't need a Compete WiFi subscription to use your own Complete WiFi discs. It will still work without a subscription.

0 Ratings