cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

EE to BT Migration Issue

Go to solution

I've recently migrated my FTTC broadband service from EE back to BT. My new Fibre 1 service went live on 25th July.

The problem is that EE believe they are still providing my broadband and are charging me from this date.
I have cancelled my direct debit with them and will pay any remaining charges as one-off payments up until when they say they will cease my broadband on 20th October.

My question is will this cease also stop my current service with BT?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: EE to BT Migration Issue

Go to solution

You said you were FTTC with EE, are you still FTTC now ? if you took FTTP with BT then it's not a simple switch.
If EE have ceased you now, has BT sent anything regarding the cease ? if not it should be fine.

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Yes, I'm still FTTC now.

Not heard anything from BT regarding the cease so hopefully it will be fine. It's just a bit annoying that I've had to pay both providers for the same product for the last few months.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

If you migrated ( using the correct process ) then you would have received a ‘sorry to see you go’ communication from EE , if the migration was ‘slamming’ for example then this communication gives the opportunity to cancel the switch , if you never received this communication then the chances are it wasn’t a migration order but a provide order raised with BT , and that’s why EE have continued to bill you because they were not advised via the migration process ( because it wasn’t used )

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

If I look back in the "Track my order" section in the My BT app it says "Broadband transfer from another provider with customer self install", so I'd assume it was a straightforward migration.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Have now received an email from EE saying that they are going to refund me the last three months of service, so hopefully this is now sorted.

0 Ratings