cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 1

Elderly lady sold broadband package she doesn't need and can't afford it

Hi, I have a 80 year old friend who has dementia and I have been trying to help her sort out her finances as she is struggling to make ends meet and is short of money for food some weeks.

She has been a BT customer for a long as I can remember and in February this year her Broadband and home phone contract came up for renewal. She renewed but has been mis-sold  a Fibre Halo 3 and Complete Wifi package  at £49.35 per month plus £11.86 for unlimited calls.  Total £64.21 by the time I add the £3 paper bill fee.  In reality this woman needs a landline with unlimited calls as she does not have any computers, mobile phones or TV packages.

I've tried to get BT Customer Service to reduce this and it has been passed to another team for review.  2 weeks later I called again and still no progress. They have offered a reduction, but it's no where near the Home Essentials package cost, but sadly my friend who has Pension Credit, does not quality for the Guaranteed Pension Credit, therefore is ineligible for Home Essentials.

I would appreciate any ideas on how I can move this forward. Thanks

0 Ratings