cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

End of BT Broadband Contract absolute shambles transferring to EE

I have spoken to 7 people at BT Customer Services since 19th August and my complaint has still not been dealt with, in fact today I spoke to 3 people and I was put on hold and then the call ended because the guy didn't have the experience or knowledge  to deal with my complaint. I currently have Broadband, Digital voice, TNT Sport and HD. I do not want Digital Voice going forward.

My Broadband Contract ends on 20th Sep, I phoned BT on 19th August to set up a new contract with EE because they are cheaper. It turns out the 'guide' made a complete mess of it and put me on notice to Cease instead of a regrade, which I found out when I phoned on 3rd Sep to check everything for my new EE broadband and TNT Sports was ready to go because I had not had a reference number or confirmation from EE. It took another 3 phone calls to get the Cease order removed because of a glitch in the system.

I was on the phone this morning for 55 minutes and got no where yet again because the original product I ordered with EE has of course ended, in fact the last guy I spoke to tried to set me up a new Broadband contract with BT again and told me I can then transfer any time with out penalty to EE.

I have a complaint reference number. Please can a Moderator contact me urgently to resolve the various problems I have.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: End of BT Broadband Contract absolute shambles transferring to EE

@BernieMwrote:

…in fact the last guy I spoke to tried to set me up a new Broadband contract with BT again and told me I can then transfer any time with out penalty to EE.

Well, that bit is true.

Not much us other customers can do, hopefully a mod will pick this up for you, although I notice most of them now work over on the EE community as this one slowly drags itself towards it’s inevitable closure. 

Bottom line, you should be able to move to EE easily, but sadly the processes behind the scenes (as is standard for BT), are a complete mess.

A complaint is the one of the few ways to track stuff it seems and is often recommended even when you are not actually complaining but just need something done. Good luck 🤞🏻 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 3 of 4

It's such a shame customer services are useless because we've never had a problem with our Broadband, it's just way too expensive.

Thanks for replying, will wait for a response from a #Moderator

Message 4 of 4

Hi @BernieM 

Thanks for posting on the community. 

I have sent you a private message for some extra details. 

Leanne.