cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

End of Broadband Contract

Go to solution

I've been a BT customer since about 1485. Just looked online and have been advised that my broadband contract is due to renew.  Apparently there's a rise from £40 to £51 for the same service - 6mb down, 1mb up. Is there a number to call please about retention on the same contract? I've tried 0800 800 030 but that's just automatic phone confirmation of the bill amount and when it's due. There's no ability to renew the existing one online.

Also, if I do nowt, I assume that contract rolls on.

[Superfast Scotland advises that fibre is likely to be with us sometime after 2025]

Cheers!

Screenshot 2022-07-27 144504.jpg

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: End of Broadband Contract

Go to solution

@milouvision1 

I am sure you mean 1985 and not 1485.

You are probably being offered an upgraded package, which you do not need, especially with such a low speed which I guess is an ADSL connection.

Your existing contract will continue on a rolling monthly basis.

0800 800 030 normally goes to customer options.

Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Cheers. No, 1485. The Tudors were in power. It's been that long.

Thanks for the info re: rolling contract.

Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

When you phone 0800800030 select from option - cancel /leave then negotiate a new contract.  If you don't like offer then don't accept a d try again in day or so and get someone different 

If you do nothing then any discounts you previously negotiated may end and you will be put on standard costs

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

That price for ADSL is very dear. I pay just under £30 a month for BT FTTC and get 67mb download and about 18mb upload. 
I am still on the old Halo 1 which I believe is similar to the new Halo 3. As I renewed my broadband last time before BT replaced Halo  1 and Halo 2 with Halo 3 and Halo 3 +.

Dont let BT try and get you to take Halo 3 + if you don't really want or need it. As I been reading that depending on who you get on the phone they will try and get on on the Halo 3 + and that's a dearer cost again with some benefits you may or may no need.

If your wifi is ok around the house then you may not been complete wifi from BT. 
The BT Home Hub 2 is worth having though as I have heard its very good.

I still using the BT smart Hub. That used to be called the Home Hub 6.

My contract with BT is up for renewal mid February 2023.

Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Does your bill include a landline?

As an aside, there's no projected speed increase in NE Aberdeenshire for at least another three years.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Yes my bill includes landline and pay as you go calls.

I very rarely use landline now to make and receive calls.

0 Ratings