cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Equipment return

Hi

I renewed my contract with BT and ordered a new 'BT TV Pro' box. In so doing I will be sent a returns bag for my old box. I received this box (DB-T2200) sometime in 2019 (or earlier) but no longer have it.

I think the 'failure to return' fee of £0 confirms I will not be charged; however, I do have a different DB-T2200 box.

The question is - can I return this box (minus remote) in the returns bag?  And not be charged any fee?

Thanks for any assistance.

Steve 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Equipment return

You can return any BT Hardware you like and they will try to make sure it is refurbished or recycled. 

It won't have any bearing on your account charges though unless it's the hardware that was part of the specific contract in question - They record serial numbers when equipment is sent out and again when it's returned back in to them. So if there were any outstanding non-return of hardware charges, returning a different one wouldn't prevent that. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the reply, Koda.

There doesn't appear to be any failure to return fee: 'Total failure to return charge: £0.00'.

I will return the other box instead.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@skind56 

If you had it before 13/12/2019 then it's yours to keep & continue using if you wish or sell or whatever. After that date all devices supplied were supplied on loan and are expected to be returned when you end your contract.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Thanks Tim.

Yes, I believe I received it before 13/12/2019 but no longer have it.

I do not have a remote for the other DB-T2200 box I have, and it's just gathering dust, so returning it to BT seems a good option.

0 Ratings