cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Escalating a complaint

Can anyone help with how to escalate a complaint? I have had no landlines since April 1st

I ordered a broadband service in February which has never worked.

I have raised several complaints through the messaging service and escalated them. Today a terrible agent closed the complaint when it is not closed and the service is not working. I can keep raising complaints but will anyone ever do anything about it? 

I am considering emailing the Chief Exec of BT. 

Can anyone help? 

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Escalating a complaint

I have raised the issue with a moderator.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Hi @Mo_Kanj,

I'm sorry for the problems you've been experiencing with your service. I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks 

MandyF

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Well I have now escalated the complaint everywhere I can at BT and still no resolution of the fault. 

Landline - we have been without a working landline since April 1st

Broadband - service ordered on 25th February and still not working

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

AFAIK, if you have contacted the executive complaints organisation then that usually means you cannot also get involvement from the BT Mods here , but perhaps you could give a little more detail ..you say you have no line/broadband, is this a new provide  ( so you have never had working service here  ) or the service was working and now isn’t ( to be clear , not someone else in the property had service in the past , but your own service was working and now it isn’t  ) ?

What sort of a property is it , an established property that has had service in the past , or a new build where you will be the first occupant, or at least the first occupant that wanted service over Openreach network.

Has any BT equipment been provided , but you have not had a visit from Openreach , or Openreach visited, said there is a problem , but nothing else seems to have happened 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Landline - was installed in early December 2021, was working fine until it suddenly stopped working on April 1st. Since then I keep raising complaints which often get closed down, I guess someone is concerned about the length of time a complaint runs for and metrics more than they want to solve the problem? There is now yet another complaint raised since May 2nd. I have been promised visits from Open reach while fail to materialise. Last person I spoke to yesterday said it is a 'complex fault' but no further details. So still we wait, I thought it was worth raising here again but seems like this isn't going to help either. 

Property is not new and  has had service before. 

Broadband - was ordered on 25th February but has never worked since it was ordered. BT router was provided

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

did you take up Mod offer of assistance back in april and if so what happened?  the more people you complain to the more complicated it gets

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Yes. And I sent all the information by direct message to the mod offer of assistance. And then.....silence. I chased but nothing happened. Which is why I was then forced to chase up and raise complaints again as no one was doing anything about it. Over a month without a landline is pretty serious isn't it?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

very unusual for mods not to get back to you after you have submitted the information but it can take a few days after you sent message as you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod assistance all of whom think their problem is a priority hence why mods respond by date received to ensure everyone is treated equally

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

So Dec 21 to Apr 22 phone line was OK ( presumably phone only , no broadband service attached) and then  you ordered broadband Feb 22 , in which case was it the addition of broadband that caused the line to stop working in April , or is the timing just coincidence ( you may not be able to answer that with any certainty)
What sort of broadband was ordered ( ADSL , FTTC or FTTP ?) , also to be clear , are you raising a fault or a complaint ( they are not necessarily the same thing ) , if a fault is raised ( against the phone service , not the broadband service )  and is closed down without the fault being cleared , there is normally a process for reopening the fault report, has that been the case ?

0 Ratings