cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Ex Employee free broadband

Long ago, the better part of 20+ years - I gifted my free employee BT Broadband to my parents.

However, a year ago I left BT, and became a contractor.  At the time, I was told we would hear from BT about switching the Broadband over to a contract, which we were quite happy to do, having had no issues at any time with BT, and nothing but trouble with other providers before that.

However, still haven't heard a peep out of BT, and the free broadband continues to this day, and shows as such on the phone bill.

Is this correct, or am I to expect a large bill to show up at some point when someone in BT notices I no longer work for them?  (Although technically I *do* - now as a third party contractor doing the same job, in the same building, at the same desk!).

Does the gifted broadband remain free forever, once it has been gifted?

Don't want to feel like I'm ripping off my ex-employer.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Ex Employee free broadband

As part of the leavers checklist there was a Colleague Products Leaver Notification Form you fill in to notify the Colleague Products team you no longer are a FTE.

I've notified the moderators who will hopefully be able to point you in the right direction

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Didn't have anything like that, nor did any of my colleagues in the same position.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi @MrSynner and welcome to our community.

I'll be happy to take a look at this for you. If that suits please check your inbox for my message and drop me a reply with the details.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

I have left BT/openreach and i still have employee broadband when will i cease  and how do i get the Colleague Products Leaver Notification Form ?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @Andycrichton and welcome.

Thanks for posting about your employee broadband. The quickest way to sort this out would be to contact our customer service guides on 0330 1234 150 or chat on Broadband | BT Help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings