cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

FTTP Activation on already installed premises quoted as 15 days?

I'm unsure if this is normal, but it seems very odd and surprising to me.

I am moving house soon to a property that has Vodaphone FTTP (so openreach) activated currently, and they will turn it off on Friday when the current owners leave.

They have an openreach ONT box already. I've tried to signup to BT broadband and the earliest activation date quoted is the 23rd November.

What gives? I was under the impression this would be a simple remote activation taking a few days at most.

I was even more surprised to check on Vodaphone to see roughly the same date for a 200mbits package (22nd). For some reason, additionally the 900mbits option doesn't show on Vodaphone for the address. Nevertheless my intention is to go with BT.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: FTTP Activation on already installed premises quoted as 15 days?

Hi @adamscybot welcome to the community and thanks for posting, there are industry regulations in place that mean it takes 14 days to take over an active line. It's to give the person who has the current service an opportunity to cancel the takeover order if a mistake has been made. 

If you wait until the line is stopped then try to place the order you might get a sooner activation date.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings