cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

FTTP installation delay - Flashing PON

Hi,

I ordered BT’s Full Fibre 900 package on the 21st August and was given an installation date of 8th Sep. On the 8th September engineers came and ran the cable to the exterior of my house but didn’t have time to fit the ONT so arranged to come back on Monday 13th Sep. 

Engineer came as promised and connected the ONT inside. He rang someone as there was a problem activating the service and discovered the line was connected to the wrong SASA? Another engineer came the same day and connected a light device to the cable on the inside of my house and went off down the road to switch it over.

When he returned he noticed the PON light was still flashing and said it should update within a couple of hours and he left. Two hours later he rang me to say there’s a routing issue at the exchange and it should be fixed and activated without a couple of days. I rang BT after 48 hours and they contacted Openreach who said it would be a few more days.

BT rang me back yesterday and said the issue is still ongoing and it would be another 1-2 weeks before it’s fixed?

Has anyone had any experience of this issue and can tell me how long I should expect to wait for this to be resolved? ONT PON light is still flashing and there’s been no change at all since the 13th September.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: FTTP installation delay - Flashing PON

Sounds like it’s connected to the wrong Head Head Port. That or it’s routed wrong on the Spine Network.

It’ll need the Fibre Network Delivery Team to investigate/fix It. A job has most likely been raised but they don’t usually consider them high priority  and they usually take a few weeks to resolve.

0 Ratings