cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

FTTP on Demand show's available, but cannot order.

Currently looking to change broadband providers and am looking into why my block of flats do not have fibre - yet other addresses in the street do - and when using the availability checker it shows that FTTP on Demand is available;

pgrace_0-1710860887111.png

However, when attempting to order I'm being shown that this is the fastest available to me;

pgrace_1-1710860927649.png

Can anyone explain what the likely cause of this is?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: FTTP on Demand show's available, but cannot order.

FTTP-on-demand is a business product and not the same as residential FTTP and not available

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Which would denote Ultrafast Fibre to premises? I'm mainly curious as my block of flats seem to be the only addresses in the street not served?

The home directly next to us - less than 50 yards distance - seems to have ultrafast available currently. Unsure if either there is a mistake and we are serviced but not listed or if when the installation took place our property was missed off the list.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

as block of flats it would not be first where factor has not given permission

https://www.openreach.com/fibre-checker

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Checked and it says currently unavailable to my property and so have registered interest, just seems odd the flats were build c. 2016 and surely would have been included in any previous fiber rollout as I don't see factors/residents knocking it back.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

There are posts on forum recently where factor will not give permission for FTTP install so does happen

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

I'm assuming that must have been the case, I fail to see the value add for a factor to reject proposed fiber. I'll likely just have to go with the standard speed for now.

0 Ratings