cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: Failed Installation of FTTP - 11 weeks and counting without internet!

I am sure @iniltous  can give you a better answer. How was the  copper TT service delivered?

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

I believe it was ASDL as I had a DSL filter

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

The survey network note ( SNN) is along the lines of ‘ pre built to the curtilage, no dig’   , this should mean that new duct was provided to the boundary of the footpath and your garden or house  ( the curtilage ) and either a toby box or a duct marker provided at that point ,   ‘no dig’ , I’m not familiar with that term  , does your property front directly onto the footpath ( no front garden ) ? .
This duct work is normally done by contractors, if they have messed up , and because it’s covered by the reinstatement, you only find out when OR  attempt  to cable from the jointbox with the CBT in it , to  the Toby box or duct marker, it should be the case of getting the contractor back on site to sort out any blockages etc …..in one respect you have been unlucky that the contractor didn’t leave a serviceable duct when that’s what they were contracted and paid to do , this first delay was not OR’s fault they would   expect brand new duct to be blockage free.

TBH , I can’t really understand the lengthy delay , once the stoppage is discovered it shouldn’t take as long as it has , the other error is if the OR tech that couldn’t cable this duct closed the job off as done when it should have been ‘furthered incomplete’ to indicate that a problem was encountered.

Unfortunately I can’t offer any advice in speeding up resolution, you need to keep on at BT/EE to get OR to expedite any work required, including getting the contractor back .

Message 14 of 16

If it was 150Mbs, then it would have been G.Fast, ADSL only delivers speeds up to 20Mbs.

What I meant, was how did the copper pair enter the house? 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

Thanks both for your replies. I do not want to get into the technicalities of justifying why things are taking too long, I was seeking guidance on any further escalation approaches I can undertake.

It sounds like nothing further can be done with regards to expediting the process other than ensuring I continue to contact BT demanding an update.  Therefore, I have spoken to Ofcom today who have raised a formal complaint on their side and given me direct contact at BT. They have stated this is outside of the acceptable industry standards and is therefore not me just being "impatient" or "unreasonable". 

If this works - it might be useful for others in the same position!

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

It is an unacceptable delay and it sounds like caused by openreach, not BT. (It is one reason I change nothing ever if I can help it as things always seem to go wrong when things are changed - I just stay out of contract paying over the odds...)

0 Ratings