cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Fibre 1 Stream video on one device

I’m a current Fibre 1 customer, looking to renew contract through an ‘upgrade’ to Fibre 1 but the upgrade option includes a feature “Stream video on one device” with absolutely no details about what that means (can’t upload the screenshot, BT says it’s too big). Does that mean I would no longer be able to simultaneously watch streaming services on tablets and smart TVs in different rooms? The only information I can find online is about BTTV but that’s not part of my package or the upgrade quote. Does anyone know what that feature actually means in practice?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Fibre 1 Stream video on one device

It's not a "feature", it's an indication of suitable use. But it would be wrong anyway for Fibre 1, which as you know an handle multiple streams. Are you sure you weren't looking at Fibre Essential, although even that says one or two?

rbz5416_0-1668717994400.png

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

If you are a current customer with fibre 1 not sure how you are upgrading to fibre 1?  If you have fibre 1 then it should make no difference to how your connection operates just now

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

69F6FBEA-6E3E-484B-A8D1-AF156CBDE538.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

I’ve managed to post the screenshot from the upgrade process - reference to new price is the fact that it’s the same Fibre 1 service we’re on now but with a saving. The “one device” line in there is the only place I’ve ever seen anything referencing number of devices, hence my confusion, but from the replies it looks like it’s a not a hard restriction but a friendly warning about performance. Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

If you are basically renewing your contract then your. Connection should be no different to you have just now just a change in monthly cost. You can try option team and see what deal you can negotiate 0800800030.  If you don't like the offer then don't accept it and try again in a day or so

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 7 of 7

If the 12mb is really what you get then you may be better off downgrading to the "up to 36mb" Essential package.