cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Fibre 1 and Fibre 2 no longer available?

Interesting to read that someone on the Forum was complaining that they recently changed from Fibre 1 to Fibre 2 and saw no change in performance.

It’s interesting because I am on Fibre 1 and my contract is ending. I wanted to stay on Fibre 1.

Fibre 1 and Fibre 2 are listed as options on the “My Options” web page but I couldn’t complete the order on-line.

I called Customer services and they could not place the order either. The Customer Service guy checked with a Manager and was advised that Fibre 1 and Fibre 2 are now obsolete products and I’d have to upgrade to Full Fibre 100.

He said that if he tried to re-contract me on Fibre 1 “Openreach would kick the order back” (his words).

Are Fibre 1 and Fibre 2 still available to existing users?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Fibre 1 and Fibre 2 no longer available?

can you check to see if FTTP connection is available to you  you may find that if it is you can move to fibre 100 at no extra cost

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

enter phone number and post results

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

@grahamm1 

If full fibre is available, then on some exchanges, that is the only option.

Look at the BT Broadband Availability Checker for your property, and see if it says something like "Fibre First" at the bottom of the page.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Hi imjolly

I can have Fibre 100. It's a couple of pound a month dearer than Fibre 1 with £9.99 delivery charge for the Smarthub2.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Hi Keith_Beddoe

The checker states "As a fibre priority exchange, FTTP has priority over other products if available at the address"

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

The checker states "As a fibre priority exchange, FTTP has priority over other products if available at the address"

Then that is the reason why you cannot get Fibre 2.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Try phoning options team 0800800030 and see if you can negotiate the change to FTTP 100 at no additional cost.  It will probably require a change to digital voice which means a change to SH2. Again as you are being changed then negotiate free hub as that is required

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings