cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 2 of 5

Fibre 2

Hi. I have had issues with my Broadband since upgrading to Full Fibre 900 with Halo 3, as for some unknown reason, the hub download speed has been dropping below the stay fast guarantee on almost a daily basis, for the last two months. It's just happened again (enclosed). I have asked BT if I can revert to my former Fibre 2 contract, but it is unclear what is involved and whether the new cable will have to be replaced?

My BT29 - 22 September - 09.56.PNG

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5

Full Fibre

Hi. I have had issues with my Broadband since upgrading to Full Fibre 900 with Halo 3, as for some unknown reason, the hub download speed has been dropping below the stay fast guarantee on almost a daily basis, for the last two months. It's just happened again (enclosed). I have asked BT if I can revert to my former Fibre 2 contract, but it is unclear what is involved and whether the new cable will have to be replaced?

My BT29 - 22 September - 09.56.PNG

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: Fibre 2

It will just be a software change capping your speed, there is no physical activity required.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Please don't post the same query in more than one board, it just causes total confusion. I have placed both posts in the most appropriate board for your question.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

If you go back to your previous speed (80Mb F2 ) it won’t be by reinstating the FTTC connection, as stated , they will simply change your FTTP profile from 900Mb to 80 Mb , however you should be aware that if it’s congestion that reducing your 900 to 630, there will also be some reduction on 80Mb , the dynamic bandwidth allocation algorithm shares the reduced bandwidth equitably, so 80Mb may go down to 60Mb when the congestion occurs….TBH , 630 Mb is by any measure fast , if you are having issues they cannot be because instead of getting 900 you are occasionally ‘only’ getting 630Mb , however if your complaint is you pay for 900 , minimum 700Mb and 630Mb is obviously below that , then it’s a valid complaint but is not the reason for whatever issues you have , which appear to be on ‘WiFi’ devices anyway
0 Ratings