cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Fibre 2

I moved to Virgin Media from BT around 2 years ago.

Too much mess and complaints about VM to go into but finally got my current 18 month contract cancelled after upgrade issues. 

VM really have the worst Complaints people on the planet.

Anyway I want Full Fibre but can't get it yet so I may settle for Fibre 2.

DO NOT send me a link to the BT website please!!!

My question is: do open reach send someone to fit one of their new boxes for this service or do BT use an existing copper phone line.

I want Broadband only and the old phone line box is damaged (accident with a chair) anyway.

Thanks for your help. Again no links to screeds of info please I can't make head nor tail of the site.

Also if you have time - Best BT deal?

If you really have nothing to do ...any idea where I can get roll out dates for my area for Full Fibre please.

Thank You.

J

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Fibre 2

FTTC is supplied by copper, so will use the existing wiring. You will need to make BT aware that the master socket is damaged, otherwise they'll just assume it's a plug & play installation & just send a router.

Best deal is usually by going via one of the cashback sites like Quidco or Top Cashback.

Message 3 of 3

Re: Fibre 2

As stated , if it’s FTTC there usually is no new box to fit , you connect the router to the phone socket yourself, however it seems to be something of a mystery in what circumstances a ‘proper’ installation visit is required, so your damaged socket could be replaced, or a ‘start’ of the previous service is attempted, even if it were many years since the ‘BT’ socket was last in service…if a start is attempted and ‘BT’ think it’s successful without a visit , you normally get a text saying it should be good to go , but if it isn’t text back and a visit is arranged, if from the outset it’s decided a installation visit is needed that’s better , but both a start and an appointment will require you to be at home on the appropriate day and time.

Rather than ordering online you could call , that way you could explain that the property definitely needs a visit , that way may improve the chances of a proper installation visit.