cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Can I switch to EE early?

Go to solution

I currently have full fibre 900, but have just over 6 months of my contract left.

I'm interested in switching to EEs new 1600mb product.

Given the BT & EE merge, does anyone know if my early contract fee would be waived if I switched to EE?

Given I'll be locked in for another 24 months and paying £20 more, it seemed like they might but I'm not sure.

Maybe it's worth ringing to see?

Thanks 

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Can I switch to EE early?

Go to solution

If you use search facility you will find that you cannot switch to EE 1.6gb service currently

The cancellation fees are waived on switch BT to EE

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

If you are a BT customer and you move to EE you will not be subject to any cancellation fees.

Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply. To be honest, I've searched but I haven't yet uncovered the reason why I wouldn't be able to switch to the 1.6gbps.

When I go to the EE website and enter my postcode it shows the 1.6gb product as an option and it lets me proceed to the order process. What am I missing?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

I think I found some posts referencing the fact that it isn't possible to upgrade to the 1.6gb package now.

A strange situation given that it offers it on the EE website though!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/BT-Broadband-to-EE-1-6Gbps-product/td-p/2322767/page/2

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution
Cheers!
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

It's a weird one to be honest.

I've found on EEs forum some people have been able to switch whilst others have been told it's new customers only.

Seems people still aren't entirely sure.

There'd be no fee to pay for switching to EE though so you could always call them or pop into an EE shop near you and see if you have any luck 

Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

No you cannot, you have to be within the renewal period up to 3 months before end of contract.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

@ra3 

Interesting... my BT broadband was under contract till MAY 2024, when I asked to migrate my FF900 at BT to EE 1.6 Gbps package at start of December...

Ok, it wasn't completely smooth but:

before Christmas itself, my BT Mobile was migrated to EE Mobile (originally on 125+125 GB data, which is more than enough eventually, but I decided to change it to Unlimited (even if that means, I will pay a little more)...

29/12/2023 I was moved from BT FF900 to EE 1.6 Gbps, which includes:

- cease of DV landline (not bother me, not used it a bit)

- cease of EE TV (technically BT TV) - even this itself was under a contractual period (i have now Netflix under perks/ad-ons on my EE Mobile contract)

I DO NOT PAID any early termination fees (ok, this was looked after by moderators here), not for Mobile migration, not for new EE Broadband (yes, you can't migrate existing customers with Halo 3, Halo 3+ or EE TV on BT Contract directly, You need, for now, order new EE Broadband and "take over the line"), not for early terminated EE TV (because for now, 1.6 Gbps EE Broadband is not compatible to be provided with EETV as package).

For me, I finally ditched my Halo 3+, which seems to be virtually possible to cancel by any chance, not need to pay EE TV, and be fair, for cheaper, I have now better speed on Broadband and few perks on EE Mobile...

My stable speed now it's 1650-1690 Mbps down, and 115-123 Mbps up to the Hub almost whole month, and on Wifi via EE Super Hub Plus (2023) 1.2-1.3 Gbps down..

Yes, Hub has only 1 Gbps LAN ports, which will be sorted, as long as my new AP for my Omada system, capable 2.5 Gbps backbone will arrive. Tested it without, and was able to get 1.6 Gbps on LAN, when on my own equipment, but my existing WiFi APs on Omada have all 1 Gbps backbone, which means, for now, the EE router is in operation temporarily...

Speaking of EE Super Hub Plus (2023) it's actually very good on Wifi..  My mobile connects to Wifi via Hub approximately 45m away (slow speed though, due to very strong interference), and reaching approximately 200 Mbps down, when it's 25m away, 550 Mbps when 15m away, via multiple walls at apartment building corridor.

Anywhere within our apartment, getting 1.0-1.4 Gbps down, on Wifi... can't complain a bit...

0 Ratings