cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Fibre/Full Fibre Confusion

Go to solution

I have recently received two renewal offers for broadband, but there is some confusion between the customer service staff.  

I have a fibre offer for 76mb which i'm told is just a switch over from my existing fibre at around 30mb.  I also have an offer for full fibre 100.

At the minute i would be happy with the upgrade to 76mb, however one CS rep said this is  a product switch over with no engineer visit and another told me it does require an engineer visit as it involves new cabling, the same as full fibre.  At present I am not interested in full fibre.

I'm reluctant to order as I don't want to find there is work involved after the fact.  Any suggestions on how I could confirm this for sure?

Thanks  

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Fibre/Full Fibre Confusion

Go to solution

@United77 

If you only get 30mb now then you won't get any more than that with a switch to the 76mb product so that's a pointless choice.

Full fibre does require an engineers visit I believe and would get you greater speeds.

Can you post the full connection stats from your HomeHub. Not sure exactly where they are as I don't use one but it'll be somewhere on an Advanced tab I think.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

If you only currently have 30M, unless you switch to FULL fibre you will see no improvement in speed. Your line is operating at its maximum speed currently.

No idea why you wouldn't want full fibre if it is available, rather than ancient copper.

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks to both of you for the quick replies, that's good to know.  😀

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Would definitely recommend Full Fibre if you are able to get that!

0 Ratings