cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Fibre and Line Rental Saver

Go to solution

Hi

I recently had fibre installed at my home. Prior to that I had an old line connection and choose to pay the Line Rental Saver. The BT engineer who connected the fibre advised that following the transfer the Line Rental Saver option would no longer be applicable. However, I have now received a reminder that my Line Rental Saver is up for renewal. A simple question as a fibre customer does the Line Rental Saver remain applicable and continue to offer a saving? 

Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Fibre and Line Rental Saver

Go to solution

there is no separate charge for line rental anymore as this is all included in your broadband package.  LRS is misleading you are basically paying a lump sum upfront which gives you a set monthly reduction on your broadband package bill for 12 months giving about 12 months for price of 11

soone BT do away with LRS the better.  there are numerous posts on forum about LRS if you use search

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 3

Re: Fibre and Line Rental Saver

Go to solution

TBH , the installer didn’t work for BT , so is no more likely to know the nuance of BT billing anymore than Sky or any other ISP that uses Openreach, if you have had notification of its renewal then it’s  petty clear that you are being offered it again, but as already stated any real association with line rental is at best tenuous, it’s simply you pay an amount , around £220 upfront,  and a around £20 per month is credited to your bill , so your £220 is ‘worth’ £240 over 12 months  ( 12*£20) , it may have once been around the value of one months line rental , when separate line rental was a thing , so the offer ‘ pay for 11 months upfront get 12 months line rental ‘ was valid but now it’s simply a £20 credit in exchange of paying £220 upfront, it may be worth it , as £220 in the bank would earn nowhere near £20 in interest but it seems to cause so many complications for those that take advantage, especially as it’s still called LRS .