cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

First bill question

Hi, I signed on for Home Essentials fibre 2 in March 2024 (after talking about social tariff as I’m on UC). Gave details for direct debit payments of £25 month (broadband package £23 plus £2 for landline number).  
No direct debit for home essentials  has currently been taken (EE has with no problems, taken out at same time). A paper bill received gives me no information at all ! Not much help when I telephoned either, said had no record of my  direct debit, so gave my details again! I have credit on my account for late connection, want this put in my bank account.Only information I have is next bill due June 15, how much will this be ? ? Couldn’t tell me ! 
cannot get the app to work for any info, that’s another question, telephone call didn’t help, new password didn’t work!

Anyone out there, fed up waiting hours on phone already!! 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: First bill question

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators, who may offer to help.

Try calling 0330 1234 150

You can message BT using the "message us" links on the help pages. That is usually effective.

https://www.bt.com/help/contact-bt

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

It’s possible that if you had a credit on your bill that was greater than the amount of the bill then no DD would be taken as there wasn’t any monies owed .
If you have a credit on your account and no money has been taken for the service what do you expect to be paid into your account…..bill credit for things like late connection are bill credits and are not normally available to withdraw
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Thank you for your reply, wish BT didn’t make it so difficult to navigate help resources , and I couldn’t get through to speak again today, waited an hour, then had to go!

My bank has had no instruction for a direct debit from BT.

I have no problem with the credit being used for a bill , but I was told yesterday by a “very busy “ customer agent that as my direct debit had not been actioned yet it could be paid to my bank account instead. He also told me that I had answered a security question (when I knew I hadn’t) , it’s not one I choose, and I cannot get on the  bt app due to this question! Tried a new password, without success. So no access even to the app for information! 

0 Ratings