cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 34

Re: Full Fibre Install Cost

@gg30340 I am not simply complaining about the cost, I am querying it. Also as I have stated the free install will not be suitable regardless. 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 34

@rbz5416 well he doesn't want me paying either and it is his property not mine. I feel like I'm under interrogation on this forum lol

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 34

The fact that it is unsuitable (to you) is immaterial. You (in the broader sense) have refused the option of a free install, you are therefore are responsible for the charges.

As  @rbz5416  says, £900 sounds an absolute bargain.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 34

@licquorice it is unsuitable for my neighbours which is the point. They do not want a wire on their house which was Openreach's preferred install method. 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 34

Would it not be better to query the cost with Openreach that gave you the quote who would be able to explain why it is what it is?

Does your neighbour have broadband and have you discussed it with them as regards the benefits and shared costs should they ever wish to "upgrade" to Full Fibre.

Message 16 of 34

@gg30340  They have full fibre already overhead but do not want more wires attached to their house which is what openreach was proposing due to the position of the houses and poles.

When I tried to query with openreach they said speak to BT, when I tried to query with BT they said pay. Lol.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 34

@mrdaveyy wrote:

@licquorice it is unsuitable for my neighbours which is the point. They do not want a wire on their house which was Openreach's preferred install method. 

Hence my you (in the broader sense)

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 34

@mrdaveyy wrote:

@gg30340  They have full fibre already overhead but do not want more wires attached to their house which is what openreach was proposing due to the position of the houses and poles.

When I tried to query with openreach they said speak to BT, when I tried to query with BT they said pay. Lol.

Whose land does their full fibre cable cross and poles located to get to their property?  If it is your father's land does he have a way leave agreement to allow that? If he does he could always withdraw that agreement if the neighbour  won't allow a cable on his property.

Message 19 of 34

@licquorice I am not my neighbour and cannot control this.

@gg30340 they are beside road and have existing pole and it is their property

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 34

Nothing further to add.

Keep us posted on what if anything you do and in particular if you get a private contractor to supply ducting to Openreach's standard.

0 Ratings