cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Full Fibre Mis-Selling

Anyone else having issues with this? BT offered me new 2 year contract for Full Fibre 900MB with full works TV. Got the contract and it shows increase from month 7 of 33 pounds per month.

Have raised complaint with BT but they continue to fail to contact me on 3 separate occasions  to resolve..

Anyone able to help?

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Full Fibre Mis-Selling

if you are not happy with the new contract terms then just cancel under 14 day cooling off

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

I Could cancel but as I spent over an hour negotiating terms of a 24 month contract, I would expect the emailed contract terms to be as agreed and in line with the contract.  Buried deep within the paperwork was a £33 per month increase from month 7 contrary to our agreement.  

I have complained to BT but they continue to ignore formal complaint and do not call me 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

I Could cancel but as I spent over an hour negotiating terms of a 24 month contract, I would expect the emailed contract terms to be as agreed and in line with the contract.  Buried deep within the paperwork was a £33 per month increase from month 7 contrary to our agreement.  

I have complained to BT but they continue to ignore formal complaint and do not call me 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

What you seem to be complaining about is the annual price increase ,

whatever you agree today is subject to the annual increase in March , applied in April , your agreement, regardless of what you think , does not fix the price for the entirety of the term , and you will find most major providers do the same .

It is possible to get a fixed deal where you pay more at the start , then no increases for the remainder of the fixed term ( BT offer this on some products but not AFAIK on product bundles )  so your bundle deal is subject to the annual increase  which is set out on the contract documents sent to you  , without being party to your conversation I don’t know if you were told differently or you misunderstood what was said , but the contract document is the legal arrangement .

With  the abolishing of CPI+% increases  by Ofcom , this type of annual ‘pounds and pence’ increase is set out clearly  in advance , that’s why you know for your bundle of products it’s going to be a £7 increase and will apply ( in your case ) in approximately 7 months time  , and if you took a 24 month deal , another increase in April 2027 is built in 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Oops, increases in April 2025 and 2026 , not 2027 😳

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

No probs with the annual increases.... Its when they sell me a 24 month contract at x cost  and then try to charge me for x plus 33 pounds from month 7 onwards.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

I’ve obviously misunderstood this , I’ve assumed the increase was £7 , which fits in approximately with the published ££’s increases in March/April , in that the increase for broadband is £3 , TV is £2 and BT mobile  is £1.50

…if your increase is £33 , then that obviously doesn’t fit in with this annual type  of the increase , and a £33 increase would only be possible if it were based on some sort of introductory offer for a few months before reverting to full price ….you don’t say either what the initial initial price is , or what it is after the £33 per month increase so it’s impossible to know if you have a valid complaint, or not ,  and ultimately if you don’t agree with the contractual offer you can still cancel if within the cooling off period.

A quick check of the website, a comprehensive TV package and 900Mb broadband package isn’t ‘cheap’ , the current promotion on TV packages seem to be a substantial three month reduction ( for example £25 increasing to £78 after the three months ) so with £45+ for 900Mb broadband  the increase after 3 ( not 7 ) months is over £50 ) the after offer price is £120+ then another increase after 7 months as that’s when the yearly increase is applied ….although £120 is undoubtedly a lot of money it’s comparable with Sky and Virgin prices for similar products.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

As has been stated by others, if you are not  happy then cancel within the cooling  off period. How this could be construed as mis-selling is beyond me. You either accept or refuse. Simple choice.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

@pippincp - It's the usual mis-selling practice of BT and consistent with what many customers experience.

Customer contacts BT, is offered a 'special' deal. The customer then asks for confirmation that the price is correct for 24 months, signs up and then receives a contract that contradicts the agreed offer.

To then have to cancel, because the BT advisors don't have a clue what they are doing and just want a sale, is ridiculous and a complete waste of precious time.

Shambolic and no way to run a business.