cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Full Fibre activation date 31 Dec for already ONT Modem available at the property

Hi,

I have placed an order today for the BT full fibre broadband and while placing the order I told the BT adviser clearly that I already have the ONT modem available and full fibre is installed at the property, so I just need the router and activation to get going. Despite of saying this the adviser could not able do anything but mentioned to me that the activation will be with in 2 weeks and I would get an exact date in an email.

I received an email and when looked into the date its 31 Dec 2022. So by looking at the date what I understood is that BT going to break into my house take out the ONT modem which already there and going to remove the fibre which also already there and then ask the open reach engineer to visit for assessment then ask my permission to enter into the property to install the modem. To do all these things BT requires 2 months 15 days to finish the installation and activate the broadband.

Seems like BT has very good and proper plan on this. Please give your thoughts on this.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Full Fibre activation date 31 Dec for already ONT Modem available at the property

BT can only go by what the system tells them. I'd suggest taking a note of the ONT serial number & calling the FTTP team on 08005874787 & seeing if they can help

Message 3 of 6

Re: Full Fibre activation date 31 Dec for already ONT Modem available at the property

thank you for the reply. I will try to ring them tomorrow morning.  if they change the date then keep the order otherwise there is no point in waiting for 2 months 15 days where I can join any other service provider.

So BT should update their system then. It would be great if they do that rather than making troubles for customers.

BT loves more money from customers but seems they dont care about them.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

I know you're unhappy but it's not BT's fault, they get the data for the system from openreach so chances are any provider would give you the same answer, the serial number should help as it sounds like it may not be matched to your address

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

If you ring the number @garybs29 provided, there's no reason a sub order can't be raised, if the ONT is there and not used by another ISP, they can do next working day activation, with an existing FTTP install the delay is how quickly a hub can be sent.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

The ONT is idle that's why I was expecting 48 hours max and surprised to see the date which is after 2 months 15 days.
But BT should have taken care instead making me to call them and waiting in a queue for 30 mins or so. They can make customer's life better by updating their old systems.

0 Ratings