cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Full Fibre delay compensation

Go to solution

Hi, I ordered Full Fibre on 14th October 2022 and have experienced the same delays it seems many people have, I'm finally booked in for it's installation on 20th Feb 2023, if all goes well.

I first phoned BT to enquire as to what was happening on 22nd November, where I was first told about the OpenReach issue, and they said on the phone I would be entitled to £5.25 per day compensation that it is delayed.

My question for anyone else that has gone through this:

1) When does BT class the delay as starting and just did you get the compensation you were expecting fine?

For the sake of easy maths lets presume it started with my first phone call to them, that is almost 90 days later I would be getting my connection which would be £472.50 compensation, or approx. 15 months of the service for free, and call me cynical but I just can't see a business handing that out!!

I will call them and ask, I just thought I'd ask some real customers first. Thanks.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Full Fibre delay compensation

Go to solution

If not from the date you ordered but the activation date you were given

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks, do you know where I can access my original activation date, as the app in 'track my order' doesn't show this.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

you should have received and email at outset setting out agreed package terms and expected installation date

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

I've checked and none of the emails state an activation date, the only mention of this at all is:

If you're new to BT, we'll aim to get your BT Broadband up and running within 2 weeks, although this can sometimes take longer.

Other than that it just says to track online or via the app, but as I said this date has just moved daily until finally they confirmed 20th Feb.

Thanks for your help, but doesn't seem like I have the date anywhere so I will just phone the helpline and ask.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

@JunkUtopiawrote:

1) When does BT class the delay as starting and just did you get the compensation you were expecting fine?

When your promised activation date is missed, if during the survey it was found extra work was needed, BT would know not to give you an activation date until the supplier (Openreach) have agreed, you stated 'finally booked in for it's installation on 20th Feb 2023' so this is the activation date, if that is missed then automatic compensation will apply if that date is missed.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Hi Richie,

It has nothing to do with additional work being needed, the Engineer just didn't visit for the survey until 13th January, 3 months after I first signed up for the product. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Post  the return from the wholesale checker for your address 

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

use the address option from the menu , it’s not the speeds etc,to look for ,  but the survey return, something like residential single dwelling unit , ***************, or simply post the entire return.

if this gives an indication of potential issues , like underground feed not verified, or congested duct , then any date Openreach give initially is provisional, they need to ‘plan’ a solution if there turns out to be an issue , the checker should also show KCI2, indicating a two stage approach to installing……if BT give a contractual date when it’s a KCI2  install , they are risking compensation, as there may be known issues stopping OR delivering immediately, ( they never gave a contractual date , but an indicative date )  , you need to check what BT actually said, it could be the date was never contractual, if they did ‘guarantee’ a service date when a problem was foreseen, that bad for them ,good for you ( from a compensation point of view )

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for your reply iniltous.

This has now come to a resolution, albeit not right away!

As mentioned I did phone them, and this time the customer service advisor changed his tune from the first two and said I wouldn't be getting any compensation for the reasons above about the activation date.

Obviously this was annoying, not so much about the compensation it's self as when i first signed up I expect to have to pay every penny and would be fine with that, but as far as I see it two things were happening:

1) Either there was some activation date on my account at some point and this is what the first two customer service advisors were using when stating I would get compensation.

Or

2) BT customer service advisors are trained to lie to customers so that they don't go looking around elsewhere while the service is being delay.

Anyway, after this I made an official complaint via the BT's complaint page, stating all I did here, and to be fair to them, the complaints team has looked into it quickly and without questioning it have decided to compensate me from the 9th November. I presume (but can't prove) that it was point 1 above so they have done this.

Thanks for your help.

0 Ratings