cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Full fibre offer. Contract time extended.

I was offered to go from Fibre & Halo 3 to Full Fibre for free to improve speeds. As usual any small change becomes an opportunity for BT person to start again with new 24 month contract. Is this a genuine requirement? Also should existing customers not be included in broadband advert deals?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Full fibre offer. Contract time extended.

Any changes to a package will come with new terms and conditions, typically that means a new minimum term, if you don't want to be bound by these terms, you have the option to remain as you are, this a choice only you can make.

@Techless1wrote:

Also should existing customers not be included in broadband advert deals?

I don't understand this part, when any companies make marketing offers, they are to gain new custom, existing customers will get sent direct marketing depending on their preferences (email, letter, calls etc)
Existing out of contract customers can have the same deal as a new customer.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

How long is left on your existing contract? You could decide to wait until then to maximise your options and see what the price is then. Depends on how soon you want to move to Full Fibre.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

How will that change the requirement for a new 24 month contract?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

@JamesBand5wrote:
You could decide to wait until then to maximise your options and see what the price is then.

The OP said the move was free, which typically means for the same price they pay now.
Either way it's still a new 24 month term, there's also no guarantee the same offer would be available in the future.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Yes, but BT usually have new offers at various times of the year. As I said, "How long is left on the contract?" If it's three months left, someone might want to wait and see. There's no guarantee that a better offer won't be available either, especially given there may well be Sales around November. And there were rumours of a new upgraded Smarthub with Wifi 6 as well. It's all personal preference.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

If you had actually read the original post, it was purely about the requirement for a new 24month contract, nothing to do with pricing or offers.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Thanks everybody. I get it. There's no way round it, I change now with 24 mnth contract or stay as is for 11 months then shop around.

0 Ratings