cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

HUGE PRICE INCREASE!!

Just received an e mail from BT saying my broadband and landline package will increase by 14.4% on 31st March 2023..!

I and my family have been with BT for 50 years but when my contract ends I will be switching to another supplier. My big regret is that I signed up until 2024. Does anyone know what the penalties are for leaving a year early?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: HUGE PRICE INCREASE!!

Many providers are now building annual increases into their contracts.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Cancellation-fess/m-p/2280803#M152648

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 5

Some companies are increasing their prices more than others with BT and Virgin to become the two dearest. Followed by Sky.

Im due to switch to Sky for FTTC in about 4 days time on a similar package as BT FTTC 2 with Halo 3. Saving me well over £2 a month after the price rises. Plus Sky is only 18 months contract. Where is BT is a 24 month contract.
My BT FTTC contract ended 4 days ago.

For BT now also charge a monthly fee to use there pay and go call package. Where as Sky Talk is still free for there pay as you go landline call package.

Most companies are now slowly moving to landline calls over internet or digital calls/Digital Voice as some call it.

We now very rarely use landline to make calls and so far this year have not made any calls using the landline.

Since getting the Home Hub 6(Smart Hub) have had very little problems with wifi in the house but it was price and a change of deal that I was originally offered that made me switch.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

I noticed that as well and since Openreach havent delivered FTTP to my area yet and looks like YouFibre are coming soon I will totally be leaving as Openreach are taking forever and the price increase..

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Have a look at what your MyBT offers are.

I re-contracted only last November for 24 months but the system was showing an offer for the same amount today. I have rung to recontract again at the current price which is not affected by the price rise as it takes effect after 1st March. The person I spoke to was fully aware that re-contracting now avoids the price rise.
I even had the rise for my calling plan slightly reduced - so instead of a total of £5.39 rise it is only 50p.

0 Ratings