cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

BROADBAND GOING UP BY 15% Ways to complain?

I am absolutely livid, that my broadband now costs almost £10 more each month.

Why?

Because you are in a contract and can't cancel, that's why.

Obscene, I cannot wait to cancel my service. 

Anyone know of a decent way to complain since I still have six months before I can vote with my feet?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: BROADBAND GOING UP BY 15% Ways to complain?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

At least they are being investigated.

If I was a new customer signing up today, I would be paying £55 not £75. The exact same offer as 18 months ago.

It is criminal. Just a money grab at the expense of the customer. I have been with BT for over ten years. I will not be renewing the contract.

Message 4 of 10

I knew it was going up....however, before I called to cancel (then subsequently renewed at a better deal) I'd read a statement from Nick Lane (MD Customer Services).  My calling plan was still increased?!  Also, I believe my landline is part of my broadband which in itself should not have been included in the increase?  I'm not sure if their terms state landline is free if you have broadband but worth exploring. 

In a company statement Nick Lane, MD Customer Services at BT Consumer, explained: “We know the cost of living squeeze is something none of us can ignore right now. Major price inflation means our customers are dealing with higher costs on everything they buy, from food to travel and energy bills.

It’s never easy to announce price rises, but that is particularly true this year. So it’s important for us to be as clear as possible as we increase our prices by the contracted CPI 10.5 per cent +3.9 per cent – for a total of 14.4 per cent – for the majority of our customers from March 31st.

This price rise won’t apply to all of our customers, however. We are freezing the price of line rental, call packages, call charges and call add-ons for our landline-only customers – those who do not have fixed broadband with us or with another provider. In addition, our BT Home Essentials, EE Mobile Basics, Pay-As-You-Go, BT Basic and Home Phone Saver customers will see their prices frozen through 2023 as part of our commitment to support those who need it most. This means more than 3 million customers will not be affected by the change in CPI rates.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Line rental and call charges. I don't have a land line anymore, because only scammers phone land lines!

The gall of putting 10% inflation increase, plus a yearly increase when the initial costs for new customers are the same as when i signed up is a scam.

It's pure greed, and the fastest way to loose customers. 

If I could cancel today without penalty I would do, but I am stuck in a deliberate and pre planned penalty clause agreement. Designed to milk customers with way above inflation rises. 

BT should be ashamed. 

Message 6 of 10

@LozC 

as already posted on your on thread - no increases in landline or call packages applies to landline only customers and you are a broadband customer with a landline

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Price-increase-on-products-stated-as-frozen-by-Nick-Lane-...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

We have a landline on the account, but it is not connected to a phone. We don't even use the BT hub.

The salesperson who signed us up wouldn't listen that we did not require it.

If you check the account Not one single call has been made in the entire length of time we have had FTTP.

So it makes zero difference to me regarding call prices. We are a broadband customer only.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

@omfgdrnick 

if you have a broadband with a landline capable of making/receiving calls then you are not broadband only.  it does not matter that you have not made any calls or even received any calls but the fact you have the ability to make and receive calls on your landline.  to move to broadband only your would need to start a new broadband only contract

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

So back to the original post.

15% price increase for my broadband is shockingly bad.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

As I was miss sold my package anyway.

0 Ratings