cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Halo 3 Deal

On 27th March I signed up to a 24 Month Halo 3 deal replacing my expiring Halo contract. The Deal onscreen details  clearly stated that a Home Hub 2 would be provided but so far there is no sign of this and the order status is marked completed.

Meanwhile I have been offered a new deal to Halo3+for an additional £3 monthly!

How can I query this with BT, I am deaf so using the phone can be difficult for me..

Order placed: Wed 27 Mar 2024

Order reference: VOL013-*****

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Halo 3 Deal

Why do you want a Home Hub2?

Please delete the order number as it is personal information

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

When you say "clearly stated", do you mean there was a statement saying "We will supply you with a SH2" or similar? Or have you just been duped, like so many others, into believing that because there was an image of one, that it was included?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Hi @ColinVB   The default Halo 3 benefit does not include a Smart Hub 2 unless you ordered it with Complete WiFi.  Check your confirmation email to see if it was included. However Halo 3+ does include a Smart Hub 2, Complete WiFi Disc and a Hybrid Connect modem.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

If you have the Hub6, keep it as there is no benefit upgrading to a Hub2. I have had Halo 3 since 2021 and I was originally offered a Hub2 as part of the deal but this appears now not to be the case.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Thanks for all the comments. Sorry, can't edit the original post now. Yes, initially in March the Smart Hub 2 was not included but when I ordered it was listed under the more information - I should have taken a screen shot! I

It's not the end of the world, I have a Smart Hub 1 which works fine but it does niggle. The connection has been very good over the last few years so no complaints on that score. I understand that Smart Hub 2 has a greater range. I did have a weak signal on the other side of the house with Smart Hub 1 but overcame this with a more sensitive USB receiver on the upstairs PC.

I'm not very impressed with BT marketing but I nailed my  colours to the mast by adopting btinternet.com as my main email address years ago and the prospect of changing all my contacts to something else doesn't appeal. Yes, I know I can keep the email address but for full functionality there is a monthly cost.

And anyway, if I switch providers, can I be sure things will be any better? I have a number of friends with other providers who have experienced problems that I haven't. Technically BT seems to be pretty solid but they do themselves no favours with their convoluted marketing practices. The bottom line for me is that I am probably paying too much but I am getting a reliable service. Just hope that increasing competition will help keep prices down. The latest deal I have been offered for Halo 3+ is less than before I renewed but I don't need the notional extras and full fibre is not scheduled here anytime soon so the 'free upgrade' isn't worth anything.

No doubt at some point in the future an internet connection will be seen in the same light as the major utilities, water, gas & electricity but we don't quite seem to be there yet.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Don't believe all the marketing hype about the SH2, it won't be any better than your SH1 and you can't split the wifi bands if you wish to do that.

0 Ratings