cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Halo 3+ - Denied

Go to solution

Hello,

Okay, not sure if anyone could actually help with this, but I was really just raising it as I find it mildly annoying, but mostly curious.

I was with BT Halo 3+ with a working Hybrid Connect for a year to two, can't remember exactly, but it was soon after it was launched that I took that package. Hybrid Connect worked for me just brilliantly in the loft.

However, it was pretty expensive, the package I was on, and when I searched the offers, it said I could drop own to Fibre 2 with Complete Wi-Fi for about £40 less! Brilliant! So I did.

The next day after the package had gone over I happened to search the deals again and it now says that I can 're-upgrade' to Halo 3+ for just £2.00 a month extra.

Fantastic! I could have what I had — which worked flawlessly — and still at the low cost.

However, when I select that option and go to Checkout, it tells me that 'that offer is not available' and instead offers me:

Fibre 2 with Complete Wifi - £60.99

Fibre 2 with Complete Wifi - £63.99

Stay on current package.

(No, that isn't a typo — not from me anyway).

So, they are offering me Halo 3+ for £2.00 more, then telling me I can't have it, but I can have the package I am on for more money; or the package I am on for EVEN MORE money; or stay on the package I'm on.

I mean… there's teasing, and then there is bizarre.

I'd love to be back on Halo 3+ for £46.99 instead of my original £83 or whatever it was, but… I'm being offered it and then, not. And it's the same today. Not like it was a momentarily glitch. Sad man that I am I check every day in hope, and tells me the same thing, and it's been over 2 weeks now and they have already receive my old Hybrid Connect back.

So… what gives? Any opinions welcome.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Halo 3+ - Denied

Go to solution

This sounds suspiciously similar to a fiasco I went through.

In short I was offered Halo3+ for £4 a month extra, but was actually charged £12 a month extra.

At least you have been stopped in your tracks at checkout, mine only became apparent after completing the order resulting in needing the help of the mods here to resolve it.

The cause in my case was BT using my total bill, which included landline calling pack, to calculate the cost of the upgrade rather than just the broadband element, then reapplying the calling pack cost again afterwards. It was a mess.

I suspect something similar has happened to you and it makes even less sense than mine.  
I will never believe a quote/offer again unless I can see the logic behind it. 
It’s good news that your downgrade offer worked properly though. I may well follow you at the end of my contract.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Halo 3+ - Denied

Go to solution

Just to say that this was solved by raising a complaint. When I was called up about the complaint I explained everything and was immediately re-upgraded to Halo 3+ (with a Hybrid Connect working just great thanks) for the cheaper price. So no idea why the 'system' wanted to put me through the ringer, but I have to commend the BT Staff here, once the complaint was raised they saw the sense (or nonsense) of it and corrected it.