cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Halo 3+ full fibre promise

I have Halo 3+ and have received a letter to say full fibre is now available in my area. 

However, when I enquire I'm told I need to sign up to a new 24 month consumer credit agreement. 

I didn't see this important contractual clause in the marketing material. bt.com/exp/halo "You'll get a free upgrade to Full Fibre 100 as soon as it's available in your area'. No mention of ..' you will need to sign up to a new 24 month contract so not really free'. 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Halo 3+ full fibre promise

@thomsg03 

Regrades require a new contract to be started, that has always been the case.

I think you will find that "free" means there are no activation charges, or charges for a new home hub.

It a bit like the free upgrades from ADSL to FTTC, that were pushed, a few years ago.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Message 4 of 7

Thank you for highlighting that the terms and conditions in bt.com/halo/terms BT Halo 3+ Terms and Conditions point 1 states, "You will not need to re-contract". I will try again tomorrow and let you know how I get on. 

Today, I was told by a very helpful lady called Leah that I would need to re contract for another 24 months. As they weren't charging me an upfront fee, the Full Fibre Promise was indeed free, just contingent on another 24 months guaranteed income to BT that's not mentioned in the publicity material. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

I’m pretty sure this can up on an much earlier post ( months ago ) , BT Halo 3+ customer told that a recontract was required to upgrade to FTTP , even though the website clearly states it doesn’t , unfortunately I can’t recall how that post was resolved, or if it was , but TBH , it’s pretty clear and given what Halo3+ costs , that a  recontract isn’t needed after all it’s not some freebie, it’s not something given away for free , it’s part of the Halo package.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

This was a previously which mods eventually helped sort out

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Full-Fibre-Promise-on-Halo-3/td-p/2379603/page/2

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 7 of 7

@thomsg03 

Maybe try a different tack. Armed with their own T&Cs, advise them that a variation of the contract terms to you detriment entitles you to terminate the contract without penalty.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/make-a-complaint/complain-about-mobile-phone-or-internet-services/contracts...

@iniltous 

It's come up several times but never with a posted resolution. In this one @JohnC2 got involved, but the thread just died. I don't know if @Burmey can provide an update?

Edit: @imjolly beat me with the link but there's no suggestion in that thread it was resolved, with another poster complaining about the same issue being the last post.

0 Ratings