cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Duplicate account number for My BT

Go to solution

Hi. I can't speak on the phone but I was a member of BT a couple of years back then moved to Sky and now I'm moving back to BT FTTP on 4 July.

I keep getting emails about order updates and stuff and have had several reminders to 'claim you BT reward card' by logging in to My BT

I've realised that it's got my old BT account number in My BT. I tried to associate my new account number for the install on 4 July but it's not working as it keeps flopping back to my old one.

I've tried messageing but it says it's connecting me to one of the BT Guides but even after waiting 15 minutes, that's where the online chat session works.

I don't think I can find an email address to send the account details to apart from if I want to raise a complaint, and I don't want to raise a complaint because it's not a complaint, I just need someone to de-link, de-register or whatever my old BT account so the My BT service forgets about it and it only remembers the new one?

Do you know how I'd go about this? I can post my account number here but it's probably the wrong place.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Duplicate account number for My BT

Go to solution

Hi @nickymoo, welcome to the forum and thanks for your post. 

The best way around this is to use another email address that hasn't been used as a BTID before.

If you don't have that option the BTID would need to be deleted and 24hrs later you can set it up again for your new account.
I'll send you a Private Message so you can get it touch if you need it deleted so you can set it up from scratch again.

Cheers

John 

0 Ratings