cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Halo 3 remewal

I have BT full fibre 300 with halo 3 and have just been quoted over £90 per month to renew. Apparently this is the 'lowest advertised price', but nowhere does this seems to be advertised. I suspect by 'advertised' BT means emailed to existing customers, who like me are stupid enough to trust BT. Try and find it online, it's simply not there 

BT know full well this is a useless product held at a ridiculous price with the sole purpose of ripping off existing customers. 

I have been quoted 1/3 of the price for full fibre 500 from another provider. Why on earth should I stay with BT?

Perhaps a call to BT might result in a sensible quote on a proper product that the general public actually wants, rather than Halo 3, which might post a router to me if mine breaks down, for £90 A MONTH (that is if they aren't experiencing high (normal) call volumes (code for not enough staff due to them not actually caring). 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Halo 3 remewal

BT 500 Mb standalone broadband is currently £35 a month , even adding Halo the price shouldn’t be anywhere near £90 , so do you have anything else ( telephone, anytime calls package TV etc )
FWIW , the Halo package supposedly means that you don’t pay more than a new customer…
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi,

Thank you for your reply to my message.

Id don't have anything else with BT, not even a phone. The problem is that a new customer isn't being offered this product, so BT technically are doing what they say but it is very misleading. Nobody in their right mind would sign up to this offer, but a complacent existing customer might inadvertently allow their package to renew at this price. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Full fibre 900 is available elsewhere from as little as £29 per month.

Certainly in my neck of the woods.

BT broadband is reliable, im on 500, but paying £43.14 per month. Its the most expensive

broadband provider bar none..ie BT/EE, (especially for long standing customers who never move supplier).

My special offer to move across to EE is to pay £47.99 per month for 500.

ill be jumping ship come contract end time.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@Laura2023 

try phoning the retentions team 08007831401 and see what you can negotiate to renew.  make sure you know what BT currently offer and also other ISPs

If you don't use your phone nor want Halo then renew with just broadband only and see what cost you get.  if you don't like offer don't take.  either try later getting someone else or move

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings