cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Help from Moderator please with upgrade from Halo 3 900 to EE busiest bundle please

Good evening everyone, I hope some kind Moderator can help me as I’ve been going in circles since April 4. I had received an email to explain my BT Halo 3 900 contract was ending on May 17 and to consider joining new EE. So I called BT retention team and they told me they couldn’t upgrade me on the phone and after verifying with a manager they advised me to place the order on the EE website which I did so that EE would take over the line and then the BT would terminate and I would receive a final bill. To be 100% sure I also called the next gen team and they confirmed to proceed this way. Then I received the EE Smart hub, one extender and then the openreach engineer came to install the new Nokia small wan router. But the line wasn’t provisioned and was told to wait 2 days. That was 2 weeks ago and I’ve been calling for updates queuing for ages to be promised I would receive a call back so many times and none was calling me back. Then I found a wonderful guide who revealed the following info from openreach which I copy and paste  and which contradicts what happened to some other BT users who were able to upgrade to EE busiest bundle without having to terminate their BT service first. Can a Moderator please assist me as I’m so frustrated, I’ve made so many calls and this situation is not resolved despite having all the EE hrdware correctly set up and ready to work. Thanks in advance for your time 

i copy and paste the email from the helpful Guide:

Hey Giovanni!

I've finally heard back from Openreach about the issues with your Next Generation services.

There is something I need to apologise for, we have been advised by Openreach that they have tried to supply the services to you in error, for this I really am sorry.

We have had a check into this and what has happened is, our website shouldn't have let you open up a new account to order the Next Gen services as you were an already existing BT customer, because the system has allowed this to happen it has in turn caused confusion on Openreach's side of things meaning they thought it was possible for them to push the order through - after further investigation with Openreach with our Next Gen lead, we have been informed that Openreach cannot fulfil this order for you.

The only open they have given us to provide these services to you is to fully cancel down your current BT services, wait for that to go through and to then set up the Next Generation services, which isn't the most straight forward of actions to complete - and it would mean downtime on your connection of around a week or two.
Again, I really want to apologise for this error, it should not have happened.

If you do have any further questions, please email me back and I am more than happy to assist.
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Help from Moderator please with upgrade from Halo 3 900 to EE busiest bundle please

@Gio2 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

Are you now an EE customer?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: Help from Moderator please with upgrade from Halo 3 900 to EE busiest bundle please

Dear Keith I’m an EE customer but the line is not provisioned yet. So I’m using the old wan openreach router connected to the EE smart modem. Essentially I’m still using the BT connection using EE smart router and openreach wan router. So the moment they provision it it would be just a matter of disconnecting the old wan openreach router and connect the new Nokia one which they gave me. So I have all the hardware but they refuse to provision the new 1.6gb although it’s been done before for other customers migrating from BT. My contract with BT ends on 17 May. Thanks for reading this and please let me know if I need to pm you the account numbers thanks so much 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@Gio2 

EE are a separate company within the BT Group, and have their own forum and moderators.

You will need to raise the issue on their forum, and one of the team should be able to help.

https://community.ee.co.uk/

I am just a BT customer, and do not work for BT, so please do not send any info.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Perfect will do thanks a lot. I thought that still being a BT user I had to post in here but makes sense to go to the EE community thanks a lot for your advice
0 Ratings