cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Help, missing in action Open Reach Dig Team

3 months has now passed since we signed up for Fibre broadband only to find that an Openreach 'Dig Team' need to step into action to replace a damaged conduit to enable another team to run the cable to the house - they arrived 2 days after we placed the order, sprayed the garden with white lines for the team to dig along and 3 months later the 'Dig Team' have still not appeared (obviously the white lines have now washed away!).  We have put in an official complaint with BT but they say there hands are tied with Openreach so unable to do anything.  Sadly we can't find alternative providers as they are all tied in with Openreach and the infamous 'Dig Team' - has anyone out there had similar experience or even know of the 'Dig Team' - really getting fed up with the constant false promises.  

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Help, missing in action Open Reach Dig Team

@GolfingGirl 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

Have BT given you any activation date for your broadband package?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Yes 18th August!!!!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

I will ask a moderator to see if they can get any more info for you.

Message 5 of 7

Hi @GolfingGirl and welcome to our community.

Thanks for posting about the delay getting you connected. I'm really sorry it's taking so long. I can chase Openreach for an answer about this. I've sent you a private message so please reply with the details.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Hi, did the elusive dig team ever turn up. I have been waiting since 23rd August.  Wouldn't have been so bad if they hadn't pulled the existing (working) copper cable out to install fibre.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Hi, we did finally get a phone call about 3 weeks after I posted this message from the team who blamed BT for not communicating the request or scheduling the work.  Neither BT/EE or OpenReach would accept who's problem it was.  By that time we had got totally fed up and contacted Giganet who don't run off OpenReach's infrastructure but off CityFibre and we were connected a week later!!!  BT have now lost my business and we are very happy with the service we have had so far.

0 Ratings